Skip to main content

Yule 2020 in Pictures

Yule LightsI told myself I wasn't going to make myself finish the 2020 sabbat posts before I started posting again but I'm too much of a perfectionist to let it go. So here's Yule!


Yule DinnerMy Yule celebration was really low-key because we were so preoccupied with figuring out (and coming to terms with) our first-ever Christmas without family. I made sure to make a special dinner to observe the winter solstice, though. This is vegetarian eggplant moussaka and orzo. The moussaka recipe is a bit of work but it's absolutely worth it for special occasions because it's delicious. Red wine seemed an appropriate accompaniment.

Yule DessertDessert was cranberry pie, another one of my favourites, topped with homemade whipped cream. Yes, we were still working on the same jigsaw puzzle that's in photos as far back as Midsummer 2020. It was a gift from my brother-in-law and it was unexpectedly wickedly difficult! The picture is a painting of cats and rabbits in a barn. I don't think we finished it until sometime in February 2021.

Yule Lights Whole HouseFinally, here's a picture of the outside of our townhouse decorated for Yule. We made sure to use lots of lights this year and I think it looked really nice. We kept these lights up through the Imbolc season, of course! Thankfully no one complained. Some of them might still be up in May 2021...

Comments